Soft Washing In Cambridge – Anglian Cleaning Services
Soft Washing can come in very useful when the surface that needs to be cleaned is delicate or taken care of more than surfaces that are able to undergo the water power of a pressure washer. The most relevant reason for using soft washing services is for roof cleaning, signage cleaning, cladding, patio treatment and much more.
There are many reasons for why you should want to get your roof cleaned on a regular basis. Here are a few reasons to let you see why and how it can help:
- Moss, algae and lichen growth on roofs can be very damaging to the roof and general fabric of the building itself.
- Roofs that are covered in moss, algae and lichen are usually well into their predicted life. Aggressively cleaning ageing roofs or pressure washing them is not advisable and can sometimes cause more damage than what you started with.
- We use a non-aggressive method on roofs with moss, algae and lichen problems. Softwashing is the application of a specialist biocide that is effective, safe to use and has no affect on construction materials. We apply our product using our uniquely pumped injection system that mixes our product with the correct quantity of water; and then we simply brush it onto your roof.
- The product works within a few hours and kills the moss, algae and lichen. However, the process works gradually over a 3-4 month period to achieve the best roof restoration results.
- Do you pressure wash the roof? No. We use non-aggressive cleaning methods to was roofs due to the potential problems pressure washing can cause.
- Do you walk on my roof? This can be dangerous and something we don't like to do.
- Do you charge for roof inspection? No all inspections are free of charge.
- Will the process harm my roof? No. We always use soft washing techniques and all products used are neutral and do not damage or alter any roof surface or building materials.
- Is it an instant change? Due to our product and process being non-aggresive it can take 3-4 months for your roof to look fully restored and back to its former glory.
- Can you undertake roof repairs? Unfortunately we can't complete roofing repairs but we can always help point you in the right direction.
- Can moss, algae and lichen damage my roof? Yes it can! All these organisms absorb water and as a result can damage the fixings and timber battens of the roof itself.